IPEX VKD Series Ball Valves offer a variety of advanced features such as the patented seat stop carrier, a high quality stem and ball support system, and a multifunctional handle with optional lock. The new DUAL BLOCK® system locks the union nuts preventing back-off due to vibrationor thermal cycling. Deep grooves, thick o-rings, and cushioned Teflon® seats contribute to strong seals under pressure while integral mounting features and bracketing combine for simple adaptation for actuation and anchoring. Pressure rated to 232 psi at 73°F. Sizes 3/8″ to 4″.
1.0 Ball Valves – VKD
• The valve body, stem, ball and unions shall be made of
DuraplusTM ABS compound which shall meet or exceed
the requirements of cell classification 43234 according
to ASTM D3965.
• The ball seats shall be made of Teflon® (PTFE).
• The o-ring seals shall be made of EPDM.
2.1 Socket style
• The socket end connections shall conform to DuraplusTM
ABS pipe dimensions as manufactured by IPEX.
3.0 Design Features
• The valve shall be double blocking with union ends.
• All valves shall be full port.
• All valves shall allow for bi-directional flow.
• The valve body shall be single end entry with a threaded
carrier (ball seat support).
• The threaded carrier shall be adjustable with the valve
• The valve body shall have an expansion and contraction
compensating groove on the molded end.
• The valve body, union nuts, and carrier shall have deep
square style threads for increased strength.
• The ball shall be machined smooth to minimize wear
on valve seats.
• All valve seats shall have o-ring backing cushions to
compensate for wear and prevent seizure of the ball.
• The stem design shall feature double o-ring seals as well
as a safety shear point above the o-rings.
• All valves shall have integrally molded mounting features
• All valves shall have integrally molded support
bracketing for anchoring.
• The valve shall include the Dual Block® union nut
3.1 Pressure Tested
• All valves shall have been pressure tested in both the
open and closed positions by the manufacturer.
3.2 Pressure Rating
• All valves shall be rated at 232 psi at 73oF.
• All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material
designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.4 Color Coding
• All valves shall be color-coded light gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Duraplus® ABS by IPEX or