The UPVC range is a complete range of fittings for solvent welding, threaded connection for use in the construction of process and service lines to convey industrial fluids at maximum operating temperatures of 60°C. The entire range is produced using UPVC resins compliant with the standards EN ISO 1452 and ISO 4422 and in observance of the requirements of DIN 8063 and EN ISO 15493 for the use of plastic pipes in industrial processes. petronthermoplast UPVC pipe and fittings are suitable for naval applications and classified according to Boureau Veritas.
Main properties and characteristics:
• Good chemical resistance: UPVC resins guarantee excellent chemical resistance with regard to most acids and alkalis, aliphatic hydrocarbons and saline solutions. UPVC resins are also totally compatible for the handling of food grade fluids, treated and untreated drinking water, as well as demineralised water according to current national and international standards.
• Good thermal stability: mostly in the intermediate temperature range between 20°C and 50°C, UPVC finds its ideal application in industrial and water supplies, assuring optimal performance in terms of mechanical resistance, good rigidity, low coefficients of thermal expansion and optimal safety factors in service.
• Lifetime: UPVC resins feature is an high value in the material strength (Minimum Required Strength MRS > 25.0 Mpa at 20°C) and an extremely extended lifetime.
Developed in 1930 in Germany, the PVC-U (un plasticized polyvinyl chloride) is obtained by the process of polymerization vinyl chloride ( a gaseous monomer). An highly reliable resin with high performance of thermal stability, chemical and mechanical resistance up to 60° C, is obtained by the presence of chlorine in the molecule of PVC. The different formulations obtained by the addition of suitable additives and stabilizers, make PVC the more versatile of the plastic materials, having several possibilities to be used in many applications of the fluids in pressure. The PVC-U represents one of the most economic solutions within the range of thermoplastic and metal materials. The system overcomes problems which can be encountered in the service lines of the industrial fields for the conveyance of corrosive chemical fluids and also in the distribution- treatment of general water. The main reasons for the preference of this system are attributed to the following characteristics of the resin:
• The PVC-U is basically inert to most inorganic bases, acids, saline solutions and paraffinical /aliphatic hydrocarbons. It is not recommended for use with polar organic solvent, including chlorinated and aromatic types.
• The unique molecular structure grants a low coefficient of thermal conductivity (λ = 0,15 W/m C according to ASTM C177). It virtually eliminates condensation and offers superior heat retention reducing heat loss through piping walls.
• Low permeability to oxygen and reduced water absorption (0,1% at 23°C according to ASTM D 570).
• Good resistance to ageing, thanks to the chemical and physical properties of the PVC-U resin.
• All components are suitable for conveying potable water, beverages and food. The basic resins employed are all NSF approved.
• The material has excellent mechanical characteristics and good impact strength. These properties make the PVC-U suitable for high service pressure (up to 4 – 6 – 10 – 16 bar at 20°C).
OUR UPVC solvent joint plumbing system makes its pressure bearing capacity twice than that of the threaded pipe. UPVC pipes & fittings exhibit the well-known physical characteristics and other benefits of conventional UPVC piping such as good chemical and corrosion resistance, low thermal conductivity, high strength-to-weight ratio, good impact resistance and ease of installation.
• Cold water plumbing application in buildings
• Industrial process lines
• Swimming pools
• Salt water lines
• Water distribution mains
• Aggressive / corrosive fluid transportation
• Dye plants, chrome, zinc plating and tanning plants
• Sugar, paper and distillery industries.
• Coal washing and ash handling
• Pipes for hand pumps
• Ring lines / Down take lines
Strong and Light Weight : UPVC abrasion resistance, light weight, good mechanical strength and toughness are key technical advantages for its use in building and construction applications.
Easy to Install : UPVC can be cut, shaped, welded and joined easily in a variety of styles.
Fire Resistant : UPVC is inherently difficult to ignite and stops burning once the source of heat is removed. Compared to its common plastic alternatives PVC performs better in terms of lower combustibility, flammability, flame propagation and heat release. Newly developed advantages in terms of lower acid emissions, smoke generation and enhanced fire resistance.
Durable : is resistant to weathering, chemical rotting, corrosion, shock and abrasion, it is therefore the preferred choice for a range of customers for many different long-life and outdoor products. In fact, medium and long term applications account for some 85 percent of PVC production in the building and construction sector. UPVC building products are lighter than those made of concrete, iron or steel. This requires less fuel and generates fewer emissions during transportation. They are also durable, so frequent replacement is not required.
Cost – Effective : UPVC has been a popular material for construction applications for decades due to its physical and technical properties which provide excellent cost-performance advantages. As a material it is very competitive in terms of price, this value is also enhanced by the properties such as its durability, lifespan and low maintenance.
Enviromental Impact : In life cycle analyses and independent studies, UPVC’s environmental impact has been found to be favorable when compared with other manufactured materials used for construction. It is comparatively low in its energy and resource use during production, as well as in conversion to finished products.
Versatile : The physical properties of UPVC allow designers a high degree of freedom when designing new products and developing solutions where UPVC acts as a replacement or refurbishment material.
SIMPLE AND LEAK PROOF JOINTS: Jointing can be done speedily with special IPS solvent cement supplied by the company which ensures 100% leak proof joints.
SAFE MATERIAL FOR DRINKING WATER : our pipes are non-toxic and lead free which makes them a safe material for potable water. It is also the world’s most researched and thoroughly tested material for PVC which meets all international standards for safety and health for both the products and applications.
MAXIMUM FLOW RATE : Smooth inner surface ensures high flow rate and low friction losses. The system is leach and scale free.
GOOD INSULATOR: PVC does not conduct electricity. Our pipes are non conductor of electricity so it make the plumbing system safe when working with electrical tools or equipment.
CHEMICAL RESISTANCE: UPVC is generally inert to most mineral acids, bases, salts and paraffin hydrocarbon solutions. For more information on UPVC chemical resistance refer to Chemical Resistance of Rigid Vinyls Based.
WIDE RANGE: PETRON thermoplast Lead Free Plumbing System available from ½” (15 mm) to 12″ (300 mm) with wide range of fittings, transition fittings, valves and specially designed brass inserted fittings to suit any design criteria
Good Insulator : UPVC does not conduct electricity Astral Aquarius is a non conductor of electricity so it makes the plumbing system safe when working with electrical tools or equipment SAFE MATERIAL Astral Aquarius is non-toxic Astral Aquarius is lead free which makes it a safe material for potable water. It is also the world’s most researched and thoroughly tested plastic UPVC meets all international standards for safety and health for both the products and applications for which it is used.
429/430, Yamuna Vihar
Kamla Nagar, Agra ( U.P.) - 282004