PET sheet (Ertalyte®) is a strong, dimensionally stable plastic with high wear resistance and mechanical strength. It’s made for high-wear, high-load applications. It also has a low water absorption rate, is chemically robust, and can withstand a wider variety of acids than Nylon. It has a low coefficient of friction, is simple to manufacture, and is safe to use around food. Ertalyte® and Ertalyte® TX are two brands of PET that are available (light grey, self-lubricated).
- Gears, distribution valves, friction strips, dynamic seals, bushes, packing equipment components, bearings, and rollers are all examples of structural uses.
- Temperature: -20°C up to +100ºC (+160ºC short term).
- Tough and dimensionally stable.
- Good chemical and creep resistance.
- Very low moisture absorption.
- Excellent wear resistance properties.
- High mechanical strength and stiffness.
- Suitable for food contact.
|Colour||Sheet Size (mm)||Sheet Thickness (mm):|
|–||–||8 10 12 15 16 20 25 30 35 40 50 60 70 80 100|
|Natural||3000 x 610||* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Natural||1000 x 610||* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Black||3000 x 610||– * – – * * * * – * * * – * –|
|Black||1000 x 610||– * – – * * * * – * * * – * –|
|Light Grey (TX Grade)||3000 x 610||* * * * – * * * – * * * – * *|
|Light Grey (TX Grade)||1000 x 610||* * * * – * * * – * * * – * *|
*Denotes standard sheet availability.
Note: If a specific colour of material is required, please state this in writing at the point of enquiry. Other sheet sizes/thicknesses may be available – please enquire.