PET sheet (polyethylene terephthalate sheet) is a typical thermoplastic with strong dimensional stability, mechanical strength, and creep resistance. It is chemically resistant, has a low moisture absorption rate, and is a strong electrical insulator. PET sheet offers a robust, hard surface that is easy to manufacture and polish, making it ideal for wear applications.
Using our in-house 5 axis CNC technology, Group can produce polyethylene terephthalate. PET is widely made into a variety of electrical engineering components, including bearings, gear wheels, control discs, and insulators. It may also be utilized as a gas barrier or transformed into tank lids, pump components, and friction strips. For more information on the services we provide and to see examples of our work, please visit our Petron Thermoplast Website.
PET sheet is available in a variety of sheet sizes and thicknesses online from Direct by clicking the link above. If a branded alternative is required, we may alternatively provide PET (Ertalyte®) sheet.
- Bearings, pump parts, frame components, tank lid components, insulators, friction strips, and control discs are all common applications. Mechanical engineering, maritime engineering, electrical engineering, and food and pharmaceutical applications are the most common uses.
- Temperature: -20°C up to +115ºC (+180ºC short term).
- Very high dimensional stability.
- Excellent creep behaviour.
- High mechanical strength, hardness and toughness.
- Very low moisture absorption.
- Good electric insulation properties.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals.
- Sensitive to hydrolysis.
- Highly machinable.
- Natural PET sheet is food approved.
- Natural PET sheet adheres to FDA Regulations title 21, part 177, paragraph 1630, sections a, f and g concerning plastics intended for use in contact with foodstuffs.
Also available: PET Rod.
Black3000 x 620– – – – – – * * * * * * * * * – –
|Colour||Sheet Size (mm)||Sheet Thickness (mm):|
|–||–||2 3 4 5 6 8 10 12 16 20 25 30 40 50 60 80 100|
|Natural||2000 x 1000||* * * * * * – – – – – – – – – – –|
|Natural||3000 x 620||– – – – – – * * * * * * * * * – –|
|Natural||2000 x 620||– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – * *|
|Natural||1000 x 620||– – – – – – * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Black||1000 x 620||– – – – – – * * * * * * * * * – –|
*Denotes standard sheet availability.
Note: If a specific colour of material is required, please state this in writing at the point of enquiry. Other sheet sizes and thicknesses may also be available, please enquire.